Facebook fan site– Betty White to host SNL please?
We tv- The Golden Girls
WE TV celebrates pop culture phenom and beloved comedic icon Betty White this Saturday with the best of Betty “Golden Girls” episodes.
Second marathon on Sunday, May 9, 2010- “Ma Day” features “Golden Girls” episodes about mothers and daughters.
NEW YORK, May 4, 2010 (PRNewswire) — Sassy, outrageous, hilarious – and at 88 – Betty White is HOT! With a career spanning 7 decades, she’s bigger than ever now. Facebook fans rallied to get the beloved comedic icon an unprecedented “Saturday Night Live” hosting gig this weekend. Now, WE tv has a 14-episode Betty bonanza for fans with “IT’S SATURDAY NIGHT WITH BETTY WHITE!” GOLDEN GIRLS MARATHON on Saturday, May 8, from 6 PM – 1 AM ET/PT.
The marathon will feature Betty’s riotous performance as Rose Nylund on the enduringly-popular and much-loved series THE GOLDEN GIRLS, for which she won an Emmy and an American Comedy Award. So grab your best friends and a cheesecake and join WE tv for a hilarious dose of St. Olaf humor, including:
- Isn’t It Romantic? – Dorothy’s old friend Jean comes to Miami for a visit and Dorothy decides not to tell Blanche and Rose that Jean is a lesbian. Then, after spending time with Rose, Jean begins to fall for her.
- Love, Rose – Rose places an ad in the personals column and she is let down when she doesn’t hear an immediate response. This leads Blanche and Dorothy to begin responding under the name Isaac Newton.
- Yokel Hero – Rose is running for St. Olaf Woman of the Year and with a little help from Blanche and Dorothy, altering her list of qualifications on the entry form, she’s a sure winner.
- Rose the Prude – Having not dated since her husband died, Rose reluctantly agrees to go on a double blind date with Blanche and is later invited on a cruise which would involve sharing a stateroom…something she’s not sure she’s ready for.
- In a Bed of Rose’s – Late one evening, Rose brings a man home and after he persuades her, they spend the night together. However, in the morning she finds that he has passed away – and was married! Rose takes it upon herself to go to his wife and tell her what happened.
- Letter to Gorbachev – Rose becomes concerned about nuclear war when girls in her cadet troop draw pictures of a bleak future. This prompts her to write letters to Gorbachev and Reagan. She’s stunned when she gets a response and learns that Gorbechev would like to meet her.
- Rose’s Big Adventure – Rose’s latest boyfriend has just retired and she is ready to spend a whole lot more time with him but his retirement quickly turns him into a couch potato.
- Rose Fights Back – When the company that Rose’s husband worked for, cuts off their pension plan, Rose must face the fact that she’s going to get a new job. However, she quickly finds herself dealing with something she never expected, age discrimination.
- Dancing in the Dark – Rose has been dating Miles Webber, a college professor, but the only thing they seem to have in common is the dance floor. But when Miles invites her to a party, Rose feels like a fish out of water being surrounded by all his intelligent friends.
- Once, In St. Olaf – Rose makes a stunning discovery while admitting a patient at the hospital.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun…Before They Die – Both Sophia and Rose take advice from Blanche that lands them in hot water. Due to a drought in St. Olaf, Rose swears to be celibate and Blanche advises her not to tell Miles the truth.
- The Bloom is Off the Rose – Rose wants more adventure in her relationship with Miles, so she signs them up for sky diving lessons.
- Rose Loves Miles – Rose has had it with Miles’ penny-pinching ways and decides to take Blanche’s advice and go out with her and some big spenders.
- Rose: Portrait of a Woman – It’s Miles birthday and Rose is planning on giving him a golf club. However, Blanche gives her an idea that would spice up her relationship, naughty pictures.
But wait – it’s not one, but two days of GOLDEN GIRLS! In celebration of Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9, WE tv will also host a “MA DAY” GOLDEN GIRLS MARATHON, from 10 AM – 4PM ET/PT. “MA DAY” is the perfect tribute to the funny, frustrating and loving relationships mothers and daughters share – as seen though the GOLDEN GIRLS family of women.
THE GOLDEN GIRLS was an immediate hit with viewers when it first debuted, and remains one of television’s most loved and acclaimed sitcoms. Starring Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty, THE GOLDEN GIRLS profiles the unexpected lives and loves of a group of retirees living together in Miami. The women form the perfect circle of friends, and bring laughter, tears and fun for an audience of all ages. All of the show’s cast members won Emmys during the series’ seven season initial run. WE tv is currently television’s home to this extraordinarily popular series.
About WE tv
WE tv (www.WEtv.com) is the premier source for women looking to satisfy their curiosity with fascinating, original stories and entertaining, informative content that is relevant to key stages of their lives. Available in over 73 million homes, WE tv’s programming gives viewers compelling perspectives on everyday women at extraordinary points in their lives. The network’s original real-life stories include provocative signature series like “Bridezillas” and critically-acclaimed original series such as “The Locator” — the network’s most watched series ever; “Secret Lives of Women” and “My Fair Wedding.” WE tv’s public affairs initiative, WE Empowers Women, is dedicated to creating programs that foster and celebrate women’s strength, confidence and diversity. The 2009-2011 initiative, WE Volunteer, motivates women to become more involved in their communities by connecting them with local causes that they are passionate about and encouraging them to volunteer. WE tv is available in HD and WE tv On Demand is available in 27 million homes. WE tv is a subsidiary of Rainbow Media Holdings LLC.
(Source: WE tv)