Myspace Music to exclusively premiere singles from upcoming “Almost Alice” inspired by album, the companion to “Alice in Wonderland” original motion picture score soundtrack
MySpace Music is excited to announce the exclusive unveiling of the first single from the highly anticipated “Almost Alice” soundtrack. Presently, users can stream the song “Follow Me Down” from 3OH!3 via the social networking site’s music channel. In the coming weeks, MySpace Music will continue to premiere songs from the soundtrack as well as hosting the full album stream leading up to the film’s release. The upcoming MySpace Music premieres are as follows: Avril Lavigne – “Alice” (Feb. 4), All Time Low – “Painting Flowers” (Feb. 19), “Almost Alice” complete album stream (Feb. 28). To listen to “Follow Me Down” from 3OH!3 visit: www.myspace.com/3oh3.
Here’s a YouTube “video” with the song and a still graphic from Alice in Wonderland, but at least it will let you hear the song (or just go to their myspace page linked above).
“Almost Alice” boasts an eclectic array of recording artists with original songs based on some of the most charismatic characters in literary history, such as “In Transit” performed by Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz. Other artists include The All-American Rejects, Shinedown, 3OH!3, Franz Ferdinand and All Time Low. “Very Good Advice” performed by Robert Smith, is the only song from Disney’s 1951 animated film “Alice in Wonderland” that appears on the collection.
From Walt Disney Pictures and visionary director Tim Burton comes an epic 3D fantasy adventure Alice in Wonderland, a magical and imaginative twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. Johnny Depp stars as the Mad Hatter and Mia Wasikowska as 19-year-old Alice, who returns to the whimsical world she first encountered as a young girl, reuniting with her childhood friends: the White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Dormouse, the Caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, and of course, the Mad Hatter. Alice embarks on a fantastical journey to find her true destiny and end the Red Queen’s reign of terror. The all-star cast also includes Anne Hatthaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Crispin Glover. The screenplay is by Linda Woolverton.
“Almost Alice” Track Listing
1. Alice Performed by Avril Lavigne
2. The Poison Performed by The All-American Rejects
3. The Technicolor Phase Performed by Owl City
4. Her Name Is Alice Performed by Shinedown
5. Painting Flowers Performed by All Time Low
6. Where’s My Angel Performed by Metro Station
7. Strange Performed by Tokio Hotel and Kerli
8. Follow Me Down Performed by 3OH!3 featuring Neon Hitch
9. Very Good Advice Performed by Robert Smith
10. In Transit Performed by Mark Hoppus with Pete Wentz
11. Welcome to Mystery Performed by Plain White T’s
12. Tea Party Performed by Kerli
13. The Lobster Quadrille Performed by Franz Ferdinand
14. Always Running Out of Time Performed by Motion City Soundtrack
15. Fell Down a Hole Performed by Wolfmother
16. White Rabbit Performed by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
“The album, which is being called ‘Almost Alice,’ will be in stores in March 2nd, while a video for the soundtrack’s first single, ‘Alice (Underground)’ by Avril Lavigne, is due in early February.” (source: Myspace Music)
- Myspace Music Blog– Myspace exclusive: Tracklisting for the ‘Alice in Wonderland’ soundtrack released!
- 3OH!3 official website– www.3oh3music.com
- Idolator Music– Listen To 3OH!3’s “Follow Me Down” From ‘Almost Alice’ Soundtrack, But Ignore The Lyrics
- MTV News– Tokio Hotel, Avril Lavigne confirmed for ‘Alice in Wonderland’ soundtrack