Congratulations to the Raja on the season 3 win! If you haven’t watched the finale yet or need to catch up on episodes head over to the RuPaul’s Drag Race homepage on www.logotv.com.
On Monday, April 25, 2011, I descended on New York City to celebrate the final episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race, season 3 that aired on Logo. Prior to the big party at Providence that was open to everyone, I got a chance to meet many of the season’s most talked about contestants including the three finalists Raja, Alexis Mateo, and Manila Luzon at a private press party. Also in attendance were Shangela (host for the evening’s festivities), Mimi Imfurst, Carmen Carrera, Stacy Layne Matthews, Mariah, and Yara Sofia. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of RuPaul live and in the flesh, but no such luck for the night.
No one would dish on who won prior to the show airing but I was able to ask many questions about their experiences this season. I can already tell that we won’t want to miss the reunion show airing next Monday night at 9:00 PM ET/PT on Logo!
Here are some photos from the private party:
Interviews will be posted soon to my YouTube channel as well as below. Sadly, this blogger gal turned photographer, videographer and online MC by default purchased a microphone from 42nd Street Photo that didn’t work so I’m giving you the best of usable footage I got from the night. If you have video equipment that you’d like to donate to me, holla at this gal in need! 😉
The gossip columns picked up on a leak weeks ago that Raja was this season’s winner. Based on the amount of press surrounding her, I’m guessing people went with that information as gospel. In this case, the spoiler rumor turned out to be true. I was wise and headed to interview Raja first; however, that’s how I discovered my mic wasn’t working. 😳 I did take a little of that “silent movie” and incorporated it in the first interview posted below.
Interview: Manila Luzon and Alexis Mateo
Interview: Carmen Carrera
Read all of my blog posts for RuPaul’s Drag Race – CLICK HERE.
- Entertainment Weekly- RuPaul’s Drag Race: A chat with America’s Next Drag Superstar Raja
- AfterElton.com- Interview: RuPaul’s Drag Race’s Raja finds her inner beauty
- The Faster Times- Raja WINS Rupaul’s Drag Race: Part 2 of The Faster Times’ Exclusive Interview
- Next Magazine- Scene + Heard: Raja, Manila Luzon and their RuPaul’s Drag Race co-stars celebrate America’s Next Drag Superstar at Providence
- Queer New York- Drag Race Season 3 – Meet the Queens
- Interview Magazine- Drag Race Season 3 Finale
- StreetWalkerNYC.com- RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 Finale and Party
Here are my red carpet interviews with various cast members from RuPaul’s Drag Race from Logo’s 2011 NewNowNext Awards. Check out my complete coverage by clicking HERE.