The “NewNowNext Awards” gathers icons and stars-on-the-rise to crown the next “big things” in TV, music, film, print and new media long before they hit the mainstream. Nominees for the “NewNowNext Awards” were chosen by the “NewNowNext Academy” – a mix of tastemakers from TV, film, music, print and new media. The resulting categories spotlight outrageous distinctions such as; “#zOMG Internet Award” and “Cause You’re Hot” along with the more traditional titles of “Brink of Fame Actor/Music Artist” and “Best New Indulgence.” A full list of nominees for the categories along my picks and the actual winners (to be updated after the show airs) can be found on my blog post “Logo announces nominees for the 4th annual NewNowNext Awards 2011, vote now!”
The 4th annual “NewNowNext Awards” was recorded in front of a live audience on April 7, 2011 and will air on Logo April 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM/9:00 PM Central.
I had the pleasure of attending all of the festivities from the red carpet to the awards show to the official after party at Avalon in Hollywood. Below you will find my coverage from the event. Also, check out my YouTube channel for my personal vlog about the event as well as the red carpet interviews that are also in this post- youtube.com/ifelicious.
Additional sources for photos:
- Kansas City Star– Entertainment | Russell Brand, Amanda Seyfried, Anne Hathaway, Simon Cowell (photo gallery includes photos from NewNowNext Awards)
- SeattlePi.com- NewNowNext Awards 2011
- Flickr (SarahMOnline)- Logo’s NewNowNext Awards 2011
Red Carpet Interviews
I have interviews with the cast of “The A-List: New York” including TJ Kelly who was nominated for Best New Indulgence, the cast of new Logo reality show “Pretty Hurts,” Wendi McLendon-Covey from the upcoming movie “Bridesmaids” and nominee for Next Must-See Movie, comedian Lisa Lampanelli (“Tough Love“), actress/comedian Kim Coles (“Living Single“), actress/singer Tatyana Ali of TV One’s sitcom “Love That Girl,” and several cast members from “RuPaul’s Drag Race.”
INTERVIEW: cast of The A-List: New York – Derek Saathoff, TJ Kelly, Austin Armacost, Jake Lees
INTERVIEW: RuPaul’s Drag Race: Ongina and Jade (Season 1), Delta Work and Phoenix (Season 3), Stacy (Season 3)
INTERVIEW: Wendi McLendon-Covey (movie “Bridesmaids”); Tatyana Ali (sitcom “Love That Girl”); Cast of “Pretty Hurts”- Tom Dickerson, Elizabeth Jacobus, Curt Meeuwsen and Rand Rusher; Kim Coles (comedian best known as actress on sitcom “Living Single”); and Lisa Lampanelli (comedian)
- Watching Robyn and Wynter Gordon‘s performances
- Interviewing Kim Coles and Tatyana Ali (my black gals represent!! :lol:)
- Also interviewing Lisa Lampanelli. Super funny, vibrant personality, and easy to talk to.
- Meeting Adam Lambert and getting a photo taken at the after party (unfortunately it did not come out that well 😥 )
- Also meeting Tabatha Coffey and getting photo at the after party (also didn’t come out that well)
- Catching up again with my boys from the “A-List: New York” – TJ Kelly (nominee for Best New Indulgence), Austin Armacost and his husband Jake Lees, and Derek Saathoff
- Cast from various seasons of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” were there in high attendance
- Almost dropping Helen Hong from “Setup Squad” back to her hotel until she realized the walk to my car was too far
- It seemed like the Angry Birds were everywhere but I think their costumes made them stick out the most
- Aubrey O’Day’s dress was really long and flowy, and I couldn’t tell if she’d lost the weight like she was advised on her new reality show “All About Aubrey“
- Watching my first awards show LIVE!!!!
- Eating way too many sliders at the after party 😉
- Stronger femme presence in attendance. Show seemed to mostly have guests and perhaps cater more to gay and drag queen population
- Would have liked to interview Brittany Snow (Love is Louder campaign), Adam Lambert (“American Idol” runner up Season 8 on FOX), Perez Hilton (celebrity blogger), Tabatha Coffey (“Tabatha’s Salon Takeover” on Bravo), Lisa Vanderpump (“Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” on Bravo), RuPaul (“RuPaul’s Drag Race“) and Robyn (music artist)
- Didn’t see Paula Abdul, Carmen Electra, or Aubrey O’Day on the red carpet or at the after party but they were presenters for the awards
- TO ATTEND NEXT YEAR!!! 😀
Thanks to Vincent Sandoval Photography for lending a helping hand with red carpet photos. I finally didn’t have to juggle a camera and a video-cam for event coverage. Check out Vincent’s work on www.vincentsandoval.com and vincentsandoval.etsy.com. You can also follow him on Twitter (@lovevinnie).
Thank you Logo for letting this midwest gal for continuing to include my blog ifelicious.com for your event coverage.
Other links to event coverage:
- Celebuzz- Top Reasons Why You MUST Watch the NewNowNext Awards
- Just Jared- Joe Manganiello: NewNowNext Awards 2011 with Kristin Bauer!
- Just Jared– Adam Lambert – Logo’s NewNowNext Awards 2011
- Just Jared– Brittany Snow: Logo’s NewNowNext Awards 2011
- Just Jared– Joe Manganiello: NewNowNext Awards 2011 with Kristin Bauer!
- PinkBananaWorld.com– James Van Der Beek, Joe Manganiello, Adam Lambert and others at Logo’s NewNowNext Awards
- Stoopid Housewives– 2011 NewNowNext Awards… with Giggy and Lisa
- Logo TV’s A-List New York season 2 launch party: exclusive cast interviews, photos, commentary (ifelicious.com)
- Pretty Hurts (ifelicious.com)
- Reichen Lehmkuhl dishes on The A-List: New York season 2, new Dallas cast, and himself (ifelicious.com)
- Logo TV’s NewNowNext Awards held Thursday in Holllywood (wehodaily.com)
- Darren Criss wins a Logo TV NewNowNext Award (gleehab.com)