- Kris Allen official website– www.krisallenofficial.com
- Facebook fan page– www.facebook.com/KrisAllen
- Myspace– www.myspace.com/krisallen
- Twitter– twitter.com/KrisAllen
April 15, 2010, LOS ANGELES (PR Newswire) — Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) today announced the signing of an exclusive world-wide publishing agreement with American Idol winner Kris Allen. The publishing deal encompasses Kris Allen’s self-titled album as well as future works during the term of the agreement.
“I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Monti Olson and the creative staff at Universal Music Publishing Group,” said Kris Allen.
“I am proud that a songwriter of Kris’ caliber would choose to make Universal Music Publishing Group his home. I look forward to the future with Kris,” said Monti Olson, Senior Vice President, A&R, Universal Music Publishing Group.
Kris Allen’s post-Idol self-titled album was released in November 2009 through Jive Records, hitting Top 20 on the Billboard 200 and Top 10 on Top Digital Albums. Kris collaborated with UMPG’s The Script on his first single “Live Like We’re Dying” and “Written All Over My Face.”
Kris’ path to victory on American Idol included memorable performances of Bill Withers’ “Ain’t No Sunshine,” Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” and Kanye West’s “Heartless.” Kris was praised by the judges for his original arrangements of such well-known songs.
Managed by Stirling McIlwaine, Kris Allen joins UMPG’s successful roster of artists including past Idol contestants the multi-platinum Chris Daughtry and new signing Jason Castro.
(source: Universal Music Publishing Group)
- Ifelicious Thoughts– American Idol Season 8: And then there were 3…
- Ifelicious Thoughts– Kris Allen “Live Like We’re Dying” hot or not?
- Ifelicious Thoughts– Kris Allen and American Idol to benefit UN Foundation Fund for Haiti Feb 25, 2010