March 22, 2010 — The last show I attended for LA’s Fashion Week was Lauren-Elaine‘s “LA Rocks Fashion Week” over at the Key Club in West Hollywood. This time, I was on the guest list as opposed to press which meant I could enjoy the show with a good friend and fashion photographer without being in the trenches with the press. The down side is that I don’t have any images that I can post, but I’m working to get permission and will update this post as soon as I get a few. In the meantime, You can go to Lauren-Elaine Designs on FACEBOOK or to her website www.lauren-elainedesigns.com to get a glimpse of the looks presented that evening and other festivities. I have received the ok to post some images and also some from a friend so I will likely be adding more over the weekend.
I was new to the Lauren-Elaine collection, but it was spectacular. The theme for the runway presentation was “Little Red Riding Hood” while staying true to the event title “LA Rocks Fashion Week.” The Key Club was the perfect backdrop with all black walls and runway as opposed to the bright lights and white spaces you typically associate with fashion shows. Check out the promo video below:
Kayslee Collin rocks it out…
Keeping with the rocker theme was a performance from Kayslee Collins who got the crowd going before the runway show began. I have to give Kayslee and her band credit for covering Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance.” It was a gutsy move, but she pulled it off.
Runway Show/Favorite Looks…
If you were looking for a show, like a complete show, then this was one to attend. I liked that we got to see a range of looks, carefully selected by themes, from casual plaid prints to formal dresses. There were a lot of pieces I could see wearing to a Christmas party, New Year’s Eve party, or a winter formal. Below are my favorite looks from the show.
The runway show ended on a synchronous crowd “wow” followed by applause when model Chelsea Rae Keller (name source: tommy2.net) walked the runway in a red dress and what I believe was an Alaskan Malamute breed of dog (looks like a wolf) in hand.
For more, check out these links:
- Runway Icon– Lauren Elaine Black Label Fall/Winter 2010 Collection
- le scarpe & le musiche– Lauren Elaine “Rocks” LA Fashion Week
- LA Fashion Week.com– More on Lauren Elaine
- Hollywood Today– Klein & Lauren Elaine Design conclude Los Angeles Fashionweek
- Wire Image– LA Rocks Fashion Week: Lauren Elaine Fall 2010 Black Label
- LIFE– LA Rocks Fashion Week: Lauren Elaine Fall 2010 Black Label (red carpet photo of Lauren Elaine)
- Hollywood Today– Klein and Lauren Elaine Design conclude Los Angeles Fashion Week
My other LA Fashion Week blog posts:
- Ifelicious Thoughts– LA Fashion Week: The Green Initiative- a humanitarian fashion show
- Ifelicious Thoughts– Popped my Fashion Week cherry: Directives West First.LA fashion show
- Ifelicious Thoughts– LA Fashion Week: Hope in the City fashion show and art auction for charity
- Ifelicious Thoughts– It’s Getting Haute in Here: The Green Youth Movement Presents LA Fashion Week’s Eco Fashion Show